How Can I Conserve Data?
We understand that not all users have access to unlimited data and those users who have to pay for every megabit of data want to save as much as possible during their round. If you would like to limit the amount of data that is used during your round then here is what you can do, though please keep in mind that you will need to have an active data connection in order to start the round.
The best way to conserve data would be to cache your course information prior to your round when you are connected to WiFi. This will limit the amount of information that app needs to pull from our external database, minimizing the impact that the app will have on your data plan.
- To do this you will need to open up the courses tab from the home page and find the course you plan to play.
- Select the Course from the search list and use the Explore Course option
- Go hole by hole through the entirety of the course which allows the app to save the satellite images and data to your device.
- Once you have finished going through every hole you will be ready to play.
- If you do not want to use any data then you will need to start the round as normal while connected to WiFi
- Make sure not to stop the app prior to your round actually starting or you may need to enable data to start the round again.
- Closing the app or returning to your device's home screen will not close the app or impact what you have done prior.