How to Update Your Position as You Move Through the Golf Course
Why does the app not update my position as I move through the course?
If you are using an iPhone:
You will want to check the GPS settings for SwingU:
- Go to "SETTINGS" on your actual iPhone (not the app)
- Select "PRIVACY"
- Select "LOCATION SERVICES"
- Make sure your "Location Services" says “ON”
- Make sure your SwingU application says “ALWAYS” If you update this setting, please log out of the app and log back in so that it can get the new setting.
If SwingU says "ALWAYS" and is still not giving a GPS signal:
- Go back to "LOCATION SERVICES"
- Turn your SwingU Application to “OFF”
- Go back and open the SwingU application from your phone and it should then ask if you “would like to allow access for SwingU.” and click "YES"
** It’s always a good habit to power off your phone for about 1 minute before each round. This will reset your phone's satellites and will increase accuracy when on the course. **
If you are using an Android:
You’ll want to make sure the GPS is turned on in your phones settings:
- Click "SETTINGS" on your actual phone (not the app)
- Select "LOCATION"
- Make sure this settings says "ON"
This will allow the SwingU app to access your location while on the golf course.
** It’s always a good habit to power off your phone for about 1 minute before each round. This will reset your phones' satellites and will increase accuracy when on the course. **
* updated October 9, 2018